The authors trace the history of Atkinson Morley's Hospital from the time of its inception in 1869 to the present day. The Hospital was endowed by Atkinson Morley, a London hotel owner, who was a member of the Board of Governors of St George's Hospital with the aim of providing St George's with its own convalescent facility, the first of its kind in the United Kingdom. The book follows the life and times of the benefactor, the events leading up to the building of the convalescent hospital, and its trials and tribulations up to the beginning of the Second World War, including biographical details of the many eminent doctors who acted as visiting staff over this period. From 1942 the hospital went under a major change in use, from a convalescent facility to an internationally recognized neuroscience centre. These changes are detailed, together with the personalities involved, and these details are set against their larger historical context.